Chiropractic is derived from the Greek words meaning “Hand done”. It means what is done by the hands. This means that local chiropractor in northcote are primary contact practitioners. Patients can schedule an appointment with a chiropractor without having to get a referral from their GP. Chiropractors focus on spine treatment using their hands for examining and treating musculoskeletal problems. They receive training on recommending workouts for treating and rehabilitating health conditions as well as provide lifestyle, dietary, and nutritional advice.
A wide range of techniques are used by chiropractors for diagnosing problems related to the bones and joints. Diagnostic imaging and hands-on clinical examination allow chiropractors to treat patients. If the chiropractic believes that chiropractic care is not sufficient or inappropriate, he would suggest you to the relevant healthcare practitioner.
When Should Chiropractic Care Be Considered?
Household chores, sports injuries, accidents, work, and even daily stress can cause painful back and joint problems. Chiropractic care might be appropriate if you experience aching muscle or joint pain that affects your daily activities. It helps restore the healthy functioning of your spine and joints. Generally, people visit chiropractors in the following situations.
- Sports and Work-Related Injuries
- Overuse Injuries
- Sprains and Strains from Daily Activities
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Restricted Movement in the Limbs, Neck, Shoulders, or Back
Chiropractic Care Referrals
Chiropractic care does not require any referral. This means that you can easily visit a chiropractor clifton hill without having to receive a referral.
When you receive a chiropractor examination, the chiropractor would do the following.
- Evaluate your medical history thoroughly.
- Go through vital signs to see your body temperature, blood pressure, respiration rate, and pulse.
- Visually inspect the spine to check visible health indicators.
- Feel the spine using hands and the surrounding soft tissues.
- Conduct an orthopaedic examination to detect health conditions relating to your soft tissues, muscles, joints, bones, and spine, as well as tendons and ligaments.
- Conduct a neurological examination to assess your cranial, sensory, and motor nerves.
- The chiropractor may also need to conduct a diagnostic test like x-ray or MRI.
Based on the evaluation by performing the above, the chiropractor will diagnose the potential cause of the issue.
Some of the most common chiropractic treatments include the following.
- Application of Ice or Heat
- Spinal Manipulation
- Soft Tissue Techniques Like Massage
- Activity Modification
- Drop Piece Table Technique
- Physiologic Therapeutics
- Lifestyle Advice Including Physical Activity and Healthy Eating Advice
What Is the Most Common Chiropractic Treatment?
Spinal manipulation is the most common chiropractic treatment. It is a technique that is also used by physiotherapists and osteopaths. The technique helps restore joint mobility through the application of gentle force. It restores restricted movement and allows the tissue injury to heal naturally. The best thing about spinal manipulation is that it is completely safe.